virus programs

trumpetbum

Question

i think i narrowed down my lag issues in game to my virus program  I've used AVG free for years, but i think a recentupdate has really messed up the game mode, and I dont see where to change that in the program.  So i'm looking around for either a new free antivirus, or, if needed, one I need to buy.... any suggestions?  (free is nice )   :)

19 answers to this question

Lets make it simple, you dont need AV if you use brain.exe. AV Programs give u the false feeling of beeing safe whenever its needed, i have been working for Kaspersky over the Years, and its pretty safe to say that 85% of the Virus Issues where created because PPl dont update their Programs or do some other weird shit. If you wanna keep it free and trust the program, go for Avast. If u wanna pay for it, best solution is and will be Kaspersky. You can also try something different and go for Cloud-Based AV products just like Panda AV. Its the future of AV Programs, based on definitions that are submitted by the Cloud Community.

Use Avast!, it's free for a year once you register it with your e-mail, and I'm pretty sure it's still free after that. It does silent updates without asking you, which is good too. It also can come with some web addons if you decide to accept it.

Best AV = ESET Smart Security ^^

http://www.eset.com/

ESET Mobile Security

http://www.eset.com/int/home/#acc=null,tab-248177=3

ESET vs. the Competition

http://www.eset.com/int/home/whyeset/compare/

Missed In-the-Wild Viruses (since 1998)

0:0

c247d0c832.png

Awards and Certificates

http://www.eset.com/int/home/whyeset/awards/

Microsoft's Security Essentials (free) has done better than any of the listed Anti Virus programs in this thread. In fact I had AVG and when I removed it and installed MSE it found virus's AVG didn't. It is also the ONLY one that didn't think Renguard was a virus! It makes sense to me to use a Virus protection made by the company that makes the Operation system. :P

Microsoft's Security Essentials (free) has done better than any of the listed Anti Virus programs in this thread. In fact I had AVG and when I removed it and installed MSE it found virus's AVG didn't. It is also the ONLY one that didn't think Renguard was a virus! It makes sense to me to use a Virus protection made by the company that makes the Operation system. :P

LOL.... Wow...

Like, can u embarass yourself even more? Every AV Test hosted by diff. Companies confirm that MSE is the worst piece of false security you can have on a PC. I suggest you better stick with Comments like this to your own instead of giving wrong suggestions in a sensitive case like AV Programms. You obvs. have no clue what you are talking about and if MSE fits for you that im highly surprised you havnt been compromitted yet.

To sum it up, MSE is shit and every1 who suggests using it instead of a REAL AV Program has no idea what hes talking off, sorry but thats the truth.

Best advice we can give you: Completely remove your winshit gargabe from your hdd, install winshit version of your choice, then install an ubuntu derivative parallel to winshit. Use winshit only for gaming.

Or Fedora is you prefer Gnome3

Any AV has the potential to cause HD performance issues if it starts a scan while you are playing a game. I have used most of them without issue, including AVG. Really just need to make sure you do a good job of setting up the scan rules and schedule. I also do not agree with not having an AV. Sure if you are careful blah blah blah. Crap happens and having AV to save your butt is a good thing. It's cheap insurance that can save you from a whole lot of hurt.

Guest ice187dna

I never use AV.

Stuff which I use is: 

• BullGuard.
  • SUPERAntiSpyware.
  • CCleaner.
  • Malewarebytes Anti-Malware.
  • TDSSKiller.

Over kill hahahha. :P