Grand Prize Contest - Renegade NewMaps - October 2013

zunnie

Prize for October 2013: Aliens - Colonial Marines

201310_the_prize_alienscm.png

In the month October 2013 we will be battling for the game "Aliens - Colonial Marines":

You and your friends are the deadliest killers in the galaxy. Another glorious day in the Corps.

Buckle up, soldier! Welcome to Aliens™: Colonial Marines.

Created by Gearbox, the critically acclaimed and fan-favourite developers of Borderlands and Brothers In Arms.

You must have the most points on the Renegade NewMaps 4.0 server.

To be eligible for receiving the prize please review the Contest Guidelines.

To receive your copy you must have a Steam Account @ http://store.steampowered.com

steamlogo.png

He doesn't accept the prizes anyway right? Why does it matter.

I guess you're right. It's just that he'll be  MVP every game when  he's playing and won't give others a chance for MVP. Only way would be to point whore all game when falcod is playing.

I really don't see the problem here. If what I'm hearing is correct, he doesn't accept the prizes anyways, so the prize will just go to the next person down in the rankings. You're all bitching about something that isn't worth it. Even if it was a problem, and he did take the prizes, MDK is right, falcod is doing absolutely nothing wrong by point-whoring. I'd be more worried about the fact that he repairs ridiculously fast when jumping in and out of a Mobile Artillery while shooting and has a tendency to shoot from spots that may or may not be B2B.

You guys should have other options of winning prizes other than being ranked #1(by most points).

*How about you win a prize if you have:

1.) most vehicles destroyed -- (I prefer this one more)

OR

2.) most building destroyed

We have to change it up a bit. Lets make it fair for everyone. We would see a lot more teamwork with these options.

I'm not sure, but I'm pretty sure all these things are factored into your final ranking already. The reason I'm thinking this is I usually get very few points but I'm ranked 42.

Yea i read it, not for this month, i could do vehicles destroyed next month.

Yeah not for this month. I'm just thinking in the future it would be awesome to have some other options other than having most points to win prizes. Fair for all the regular players.

Lol wow just stumbled upon this thread.. so much rage about me winning the prizes when I have never accepted one and never will lol.

Is this month's prize THAT amazing? :S

And manuel, before I came, you were the constant MVP, how are you any different? >_>.

Lastly: What MDK said.. Its EXTREMELY simple to steal my mvp.. just teamplay and WIN. Its not like tank battles need aiming *cough lagging cough* skills you know.. if you grab tanks and take field I can't pointwhore, simple as that. All my little tricks and shenanigans will at best let me win 1 on 3 if I'm very lucky. Its not like I have a monstrous weapon that one hit kills everyone the instant before they appear so I can hold the fort by myself 1 on 30 like some lagkilling nubjet u know.... But instead all I see are people being stupid useless sbhs, or snipers in tunnels, and then they complain they aren't mvp. Well duh! you weren't doing shit! I mean sureee if you camp that little corner of tunnel all game you can 1-sidedly slaughter anyone that comes by ambushing him.. but how important is that corner really >_>?

And that's just the legal method. I've been wondering why this month I've been harassed endlessly by people on my OWN team trying to screw with me.. People ramming into me endlessly with apcs, shooting my tank when I get out to rep, purposely standing in the path of my tank and even my repair gun, or repeatedly moving in and out from behind me to screw up my aiming.. its getting ridiculous.

Lol wow just stumbled upon this thread.. so much rage about me winning the prizes when I have never accepted one and never will lol.

Is this month's prize THAT amazing? :S

And manuel, before I came, you were the constant MVP, how are you any different? >_>.

Lastly: What MDK said.. Its EXTREMELY simple to steal my mvp.. just teamplay and WIN. Its not like tank battles need aiming *cough lagging cough* skills you know.. if you grab tanks and take field I can't pointwhore, simple as that. All my little tricks and shenanigans will at best let me win 1 on 3 if I'm very lucky. Its not like I have a monstrous weapon that one hit kills everyone the instant before they appear so I can hold the fort by myself 1 on 30 like some lagkilling nubjet u know.... But instead all I see are people being stupid useless sbhs, or snipers in tunnels, and then they complain they aren't mvp. Well duh! you weren't doing shit! I mean sureee if you camp that little corner of tunnel all game you can 1-sidedly slaughter anyone that comes by ambushing him.. but how important is that corner really >_>?

And that's just the legal method. I've been wondering why this month I've been harassed endlessly by people on my OWN team trying to screw with me.. People ramming into me endlessly with apcs, shooting my tank when I get out to rep, purposely standing in the path of my tank and even my repair gun, or repeatedly moving in and out from behind me to screw up my aiming.. its getting ridiculous.

Actually You're wrong. It took me 1 whole month to have 1 million points( I used lots of teamwork as well to achieve #1). You on the other hand  has already more than 1 million points and its only the 12th of October... You whore way much more. You abuse anything you can to have the most points in-game( ex: recon bike).  No wonder people try to harass you when you don't teamplay. You don't help your team one bit. Whoring is not helping your team win. I witnessed it myself. And you said in the other topic that you have a life. I see you play renegade 18 hours a day. How is that life? Ren is YOUR life.

[11:17:09] (&NewMapsBot) 1. falcod666 with 1212442 points.
[11:17:09] (&NewMapsBot) 2. jeff560 with 318128 points.
[11:17:09] (&NewMapsBot) 3. MPFSpiders with 277493 points.

lol

Actually You're wrong. It took me 1 whole month to have 1 million points( I used lots of teamwork as well to achieve #1). You on the other hand  has already more than 1 million points and its only the 12th of October... You whore way much more. You abuse anything you can to have the most points in-game( ex: recon bike).  No wonder people try to harass you when you don't teamplay. You don't help your team one bit. Whoring is not helping your team win. I witnessed it myself. And you said in the other topic that you have a life. I see you play renegade 18 hours a day. How is that life? Ren is YOUR life.

[11:17:09] (&NewMapsBot) 1. falcod666 with 1212442 points.
[11:17:09] (&NewMapsBot) 2. jeff560 with 318128 points.
[11:17:09] (&NewMapsBot) 3. MPFSpiders with 277493 points.

lol

I play way more, not whore way more. I whore way smarter maybe. And of course I'll use a more powerful unit if the map offers it. What braindead idiot wouldn't? Its not like its illegal, if anything the map makers are RECOMMENDING you get it since its a new unit they made. Recon outdamages mrls/arty, so ofc I'm getting it. Shelf whatever rubbishy pride stops you from using new good units and use them or you'll be beaten to pulp by the enemies who do lol. But ultimately I've seen you play and you do the same damn thing. You used teamwork my ass, definitely not any more than me. Unless of course your definition of teamwork is have lackeys with teches follow your arty around so you don't have to rep it yourself.. in which case yea you did >_>. And by tying up those people to repair you I'm fairly sure you're overall helping the team less than me who flies solo most of the time. I make it a point to tie up as many enemies as I can by myself, ideally forcing 2 people to repair (by shooting different buildings) and 2 people to try and kill me (and hopefully fail!), so my 1 person ties up 2-4 people. That helps the team way more than 1 arty with 1-2 teches, cause those teches are often wasted if no one attacks the arty.

Just to clarify something here: teamplay/teamwork does not mean you MUST MOVE IN A GROUP. If anything, that's often detrimental since you'll have less people in other places. If you move in a group, at least be high damage things and hit the enemy base (like a stank rush), and even then moving separately can often be better (such as stank rushing from multiple directions at the same time). Otherwise all that happens is the enemy team avoids you and takes out your base. Teamplay/teamwork means you should be near constantly doing something that helps your team or harasses your enemies. That's it really. You don't actually have to rush together if everyone is already helping out. You'd win almost every game if your team followed this rule, because then you would have a very strong hold on field and tie up most of the enemy team with repairs. Even if the enemy team tried a team rush, with your team holding field it wouldn't work. And even if they manage to stop you from killing any buildings you'd still win by score.

If you're waiting around a corner for an enemy that may never come.. thats not helping. If you're repairing a tank/building that gets hurt so rarely it can really survive by self repping, that's not helping. If you're sniping in tunnel.. that's not helping. If anything its hurting the team cause the enemy snipers who lose give up and go to help field.. the part of the map that actually counts (well it depends on the map, but in general the tunnels are useless). Same thing if you're killwhoring/camping a part of the map that isn't useful. If you're stealthing around or taking unnecessarily long and slow walks, that's also not helping. If you're harvesting creds when your team is already loaded with creds, that's not helping. If you're waiting IN base for other people to buy tanks for a rush, that's also not helping unless the other people are really fast about it. And frankly it'd still be better if you met up in field instead. All too often people just gather in base for a long time waiting for a team rush and then the enemy rushes and kills a building or at least steals control of field in the meantime.

And whoring IS helping the team win. It ties up the enemy people forcing them to repair. It gives your team a score lead. It holds field and blocks rushes. It generates 2x as much cred for your team than the enemy. It even KILLS buildings if the enemies let their guard down. Its not like I'm such a massive pointwhore that I'll purposely let buildings live so I can whore them more you know?  At the very least, it helps way way wayyyy more than most people who just get useless snipers/sbhs screwing around in tunnel or camping around corners.

And about the guys harassing me, if you used your brain this would be obvious: Its clearly done when I'm not hitting buildings. Think about it.. why would I be repairing my tank unless I was fighting enemies? And how would it even be possible to screw up my aim if my target is a giant building? And clearly I have to be IN FRONT OF most of the harassers, otherwise I would see their names and report them. I.e. I must be on the frontlines fighting the enemies when they harass me. In fact, the harassment was done mostly when I'm fighting other tanks or defending the base. And the problem is, with the exception of a few idiots like Buttnutella who rams me from the front and pms me with taunts (I reported him so he stopped.. for now...).. most of them are doing it secretly by shooting me from the back where I can't see them unless I turn around and let my tank die. And they usually use meds and other common tanks so I can't tell who they are just by pressing j. They just want the enemy team to hold field so I can't pointwhore, even if they make the team lose to do it.

• 3 weeks later...