[New Map] C&C_MPF_Rage

Guest roszek

Played last night and noticed three things:

1. Using the Chronosphere spins you like a top, making units that have a blind spot useless for base infiltration.

2. If facing the Obelisk with a Refractor, the Obelisk won't shoot unless you're right on top of it. (Unsure if this is intended or not, since Refractors are supposed to be immune to frontal damage and the Obelisk could just be smart)

3. The effectiveness of the Refractor's shielding is inconsistent. often times the same exact attack will deal two different amounts of damage. (A volley of missiles did nothing, however a second volley hitting the same spot ignored the shield)

agree fun map .

I have only play it 3 x now and each time nod seem to get raped gdi have the upper hand and keep nod pinned in base ir not rape them .

this can be down to the team maybe and the fact falco is always gdi .

I'd put it down to the fact that more often than not people don't use NOD's tanks properly. For instance, I've seen very few people use the Scorpion, and out of those, I'm the only one I've seen use it to it's full power. If you hide behind something, then ambush the enemy, the Scorpion's secondary fire, while it only works at point-blank, can kill a Mammoth in 2 shots and a Mastodon in 3. The other night I flanked a rush of a Mastodon and 2 Mammoths and completely destroyed the Mastodon before I was noticed.

Lol MDK. Well I got to be on nod a few times too. I can tell you its EXTREMELY GDI Biased. (Well at least both sides have nubjets this time, so its not as bad as pipeline was.)

Leaving aside the tank unit exact details, which I'm sure most people are still struggling to figure out how to use properly.. the main issue here is one of range.

Every tank and plane has a fairly average range, whereas agt and obby have HUGE range. There is also no backdoor into the base afaik, so the only way to destroy the enemy base is to challenge the base defences head on. There's also not enough cover for tanks to sneak up close either, the AGT/Obby can shoot them from miles away.

This sounds balanced until you realise a number of things:
1) Obby is the same as normal.. the sucky useless thing that charges up and then cancels its charge if the target hides. I.e. GDI can happily use the rocks on the map to shoot the obby to death without getting shot. AGT quite obviously does not have this weakness.

2) GDI has gunner. NOD has rocket soldier. These are the only guys with range longer than the base defences (not counting snipers which don't hurt buildings). I think it's quite clear who's going to hurt the buildings more and thus is more likely to win.

So at the very least, if it comes down to victory by points, GDI has a huge, HUGE advantage.

That said, it's not completely impossible for NOD to win. They just need a lot of teamplay. And by teamplay I don't mean making a giant stank rush like nubs commonly think teamplay means. Teamplay means getting some teches to repair your allies. You don't need a giant stank rush to win, simply holding field with tanks and teches is often enough to win just by pure suppression of the enemy team. (If you understood how score works, you'd see this also generates massive amounts of points even if you don't hit buildings.) And I highly doubt a giant stank rush would even work on this map :/ AGT sees them miles away, and theres usually lots of GDI waiting in base for chronosphere activations, so they'll be ready to defend against the stanks at a moment's notice.

Today, before the crash bug activated, I spent like 30 minutes begging people to get teches, but few listened. In the end my score shot way above everyone else since I was the only tech repairing tanks, but GDI had like a 7k score lead. At about 25 minutes left people started listening and getting teches and nod successfully took the field, and we pretty much closed the lead immediately.. if the server didn't crash, i daresay nod would have won that game. 

In summary: Huge GDI Bias.

If you're NOD and want to win:

- DON"T TRY SNEAKING.

- DON"T TRY SOLO RUSHING.

- DON"T EVEN TRY GROUP RUSHING.

- Just get techs and tanks and hold the field to win by score. That's the safest and pretty much the only way you'll win. And don't even hold the field that far out, otherwise GDI will be able to chronoport behind you guys and kill obby. Just hold it while barely outside obby range so gdi can't hit any buildings.

p.s. If you're a really good sniper, its fine if you get a sniper instead and kill the enemy teches/snipers. This is one of those maps with wide open spaces so snipers can be very useful too >_>.

p.p.s for map balancing, seeing as GDI gets a chronosphere, NOD's mutant lab looks sorely lacking in comparison. Could we get a mutant with tech repair gun from it ? I imagine a fast moving mutant technician would do great for NOD's teamplay.

Guest roszek

That weird obby power up glitch and the GDI 300 meter range is something I have already worked out as well as some simple changes with two of the GDI units (should be an update soon), but mostly I would say it is matter of getting used to the units ...or I could just remove the map; not sure all this is worth the trouble tbh :\

Guest roszek

Version 1.1 updates:

• Removed structures AGT and Nod Obelisk and replaced them with objects AGT and Nod Obelisk. Reduced range on both to 110 meters ...AGT no longer shoots into field at long range and Obelisk no longer does a power up.

post-20-0-73467000-1400328160_thumb.pngpost-20-0-39570700-1400328165_thumb.pngpost-20-0-18417700-1400328170_thumb.png

• Added a 2.5 second reload to the Wolf.
  • Increased ROF on the Mantis by a bit.
  • Increased range on Spector and Sandstorm, they along with the Mastodon and Avatar are they only veys that have a longer range than advanced weapons.
  • Reduced range on Mammy and increased cost to equal Widow's.

I don't think there was much to change but what was listed above.

Map is currently being tested on the test server and has been temporarily removed from the main...

I say leave it in for now so everyone can still get used to the units, although if it is crashing every single time I would take it out.

The map was made really well and I'm starting to get used to the units (since I never played CNC 4 I just bought the most expensive thing i could get)

I say leave it in for now so everyone can still get used to the units, although if it is crashing every single time I would take it out.

The map was made really well and I'm starting to get used to the units (since I never played CNC 4 I just bought the most expensive thing i could get)

It will only crash if the remaining time reaches about 15 minutes. If the map is decided by base destruction prior to this, the server will be fine and things will continue normally.

I played this a few times on both GDI and Nod. It still seems that GDI has the advantage, I think the mammoth tank is better than almost every other unit with how fast it is. The only decent Nod vehicle was the widow I believe.

It could of just been the quality of players on the team though

Personally, I think both teams can win the same, it's a matter of who is on which team.  Nod can win this map with ease if people would work together.  The #1 thing I see people do on this map (both GDI and Nod) is get out and repair vehs in the field.  1 well positioned sniper can dominate the enemy team (again, both GDI and Nod).  Controlling the field is key and with no reps, you can't control the field, pure and simple.  I've found 7 DAMN good spots, some only good for one team or the other.  After playing today, I think I know of 3 more good spots as well.

It's a new map, with new units, which means new strategy rules.  People just haven't picked up on them yet.